Thursday, August 4, 2011

Should I volunteer as a soccer club president in my region/county for CalSouth? What is involved?

The region here I am located at had only 1 president for the soccer league here, which was the connection for Cal South Soccer Association. There is a soccer club that is about to be destroyed because of one president that has not taking the time or responsibility of registering the soccer club that is currently formed right now and we are in danger of losing the club because of him, after 2.5 years of soccer in my town or city, the club is just now growing into 5 teams of girls and boys and are prospering as soccer is starting to become increasingly very very popular. He was on the up and up and timely when it came to getting things done and squared away until now. We are looking to merge with another club that is about 100 miles away but there are no promises. If the soccer club here is not able to merge with this club (apparently they need at least 4 votes) then soccer here is done for. We need a president. I am thinking of taking on that task but what all is involved? I am hoping that someone who reads this may give me a little insight or info on this. What would i be up against? What risks do I have? I really hate to see all these dedicated players, mostly girls, along with my little girl, have their ambitions as soccer players dashed to pieces because of one persons irresponsibility. I can understand how much of a weight it can be from my stand point.

No comments:

Post a Comment