Thursday, August 4, 2011

I saw my missing conure but he didn't come to me, need advice?

I lost my conure today around 4:45 pm, he got startled and flew behind my house. I live in a big neighborhood (at least 100 houses I'm guessing?). As soon as he flew off I put his cage in the backyard on top of the trampoline and hung one of his biggest toys from my window. I've been walking the neighborhood up and down since he left trying to find him. As it was getting dark, I was nearly to my driveway when I heard him screech. I shouted his name trying to locate him and he screeched again, then took flight and landed on my roof. He stayed there less than a minute and took flight again and I haven't heard or seen him since. I'm a little more relieved to know that he is near and he has probably seen his cage outside. My question is, should I stay outside during sunrise and see if he'll come to me and his food? Or should I stay inside and just watch for him? I'm just not sure if he will come to me, he has already seen me and didn't come. Yet he did let me know he was around. Ugh I'm at such a loss, any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment